These grips are styled after those found on European match pistols. Designed primarily for bullseye shooting, you will find that they also work great for silhouette and informal target shooting. Each pair is individually handcrafted out of American Black walnut and fitted with the utmost care
STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDE:
1. An adjustable palmrest that adjusts for tilt as well as height. It locks with two allen screws. The locking nuts ride in a narrow slot and will not easily strip.
2. Stippling on the gripping areas are similar to that on the European match pistols. Easier to duplicate than checkering if any altertions have to be made. The hand has better gripping power on this type of surface.
3. A Middle finger support that merges with the finger guard and helps support the gun. Helps the trigger finger stay independent.
4. A slight palm swell that gives you more grip in the hand. Since a full palm swell would have to be custom fitted to each individual's hand, we have opted for a round palmswell that fits more shooters "out of the box".
5. A full thumb-base support cutout that gives you better vertical control of the gun and locks your hand into the grip more consistently. Since there is more area in contact with the heel of your palm, recoil feels lighter and similar from shot to shot. The thumb-base support also maintains the same amount of pressure into the pistol's overhang (beaver tail) which eliminates vertical stringing. For revolvers the overhang is built into the grip.
6. the use of pure American Black Walnut. Nothing is as beautiful as wood for grips. It's great for the pistol to be accurate, but there's nothing wrong with it looking beautiful as well. If any alterations have to be made to the grips, wood is much easier to work with than plastic and to finish back to the original condition.